The Green Grove Primitive Baptist Church held a special service to commemorate the installation of an historic marker noting the historic importance of the church.
The church was established in 1870 by African Americans who had been enslaved in the Triune area. Elder Robert House, a circuit preacher from Rutherford County established the church on land donated by the D.K. Bostic family. The church originally held services under a tree until the original building was completed, mostly at night by lantern light.